Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Prayer for the New Year

My true feelings going into 2013 are hardly something I want to admit. They are feelings of loss, anger and betrayal. I want desperately to fight the urge to spiral deep into the abyss of disillusionment because I’ve been there before and it’s not pleasant. I know how long it takes to climb back up and see the light of day. On the other hand, I feel the urge to indulge my feelings and experience them in their rawness in an attempt to begin healing. I’m exhausted and vulnerable…the perfect place for me to begin evaluating myself honestly and allow God to work in me if I can fight against the cynicism I harbor. My prayer for 2013:

Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.” Galatians 6:4-5 (MSG)

2009 01 30 011

1 comment: