Monday, November 26, 2012

Feeling Called

From Crazy Love by Francis Chan:

“Most of us use “I’m waiting for God to reveal His calling on my life” as a means of avoiding action. Did you hear God calling you to sit in front of the television today? Or to go on your last vacation? Or exercise this morning? Probably not, but you still did it. The point isn’t that vacations or exercise are wrong, but that we are quick to rationalize our entertainment and priorities yet are slow to commit to serving God.

Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command” (John 14:15). Jesus did not say, “If you love me you will obey me when you feel called or good about doing so…” If we love, then we obey. Period. This sort of matter-of-fact obedience is part of what it means to live a life of faith.”

2009 01 23 002e

No comments:

Post a Comment