Thursday, November 29, 2012

Talk is Cheap

From The Cross in the Closet by Timothy Kurek:

“The sickening realization dawns on me that I have never really followed these ideals, all the while claiming to be a Christian. The people I condemned most heartily have shamed me by walking more closely with the faith I have proclaimed so boldly. Talk really is cheap.

If I am honest with myself, I have to admit that these people whom I have always felt prejudice against are better people than me. Living love is so much more tangible and powerful than speaking love. I feel inspired to follow suit. When I die I want people to remember me as the guy who loved everyone – because if I loved everyone, then I really will have followed the example of the Jesus I serve. Love your neighbor as yourself, the Bible says. How foolish I was to pick and choose only my fellow conservative Christians as neighbors.”

2009 01 30 017

No comments:

Post a Comment